Sunday, October 2, 2011

"That one your gonna wanna remember forever."


Kayla Marie Keith 7/10/2002
This is the day I officially became a dumb dumb daddy-o. Prior to going to the hospital Suzy and I had some time to kill, so I made about a dozen sandwiches. I remember her making fun of me for making so many. It was a long hard labor for Suzy. It was way harder than I ever thought it would be. Kayla got stuck. Twice we almost had to go with C-section after loosing her vitals. They screwed a device into the top of Kayla's head to monitor her vitals and on it went. After about ten hours of struggle, the doctor brought out the vacuum, thankfully we had seen it during our hospital tour. It still looked like some sort of mid-evil torture device, but with it the doctor was able to manipulate Kayla's head past Suzy's pelvic bone and out she came! Our doctor let me cut the cord. Kayla had a big bruise on her forehead from hitting it on the exit and a cone head form the vacuum, but otherwise was in perfect health.

Shortly thereafter, Suzy said she was starving and asked if she could have one of those sandwiches. Sorry honey, Kayla's Dumb Dumb Daddyo ate them all.

What can I say. I'm a nervous eater.

1 comment:

  1. The ending to this story is too funny! I'm visiting from Saved by Suzy. Love your blog. Your Dad would be proud.

    ReplyDelete