Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Readers Digest article from 1954 in the Wood Box! The Power of Love.

I didn't realize my Dad was such a student of love. The lesson of the trans formative power of love he taught me with his letter to my Mom after the Gator Bowl when he confessed to, for the first time in his life, wanting to make something of himself was inspiring. This lesson I am still trying to absorb. This article was published three years before my eldest sister Carol was born. I'm sure from the moment he tore it out and put in his little wood box he had decided definitively that he wanted kids and the sort of powerful love the author of this article speaks. I feel it too. The love I have for my wife and children is powerful, life giving, life sustaing, magical. My Dad has this love. He loved us. He loved me. It feels good realize this. To see it articulated in a 67 year old Readers Digest article.








No comments:

Post a Comment