Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Second Hand Lions

On a previous post Big J recomened Kunf Fu Panda 2. Shortly before leaving his place he gave me Second Hand Lions for the girls to watch on our way home, 5 hours through the Rockies. They watched in the back seat and I only listened while driving, but what a great movie to listen too, chuck full of fatherly advice to the seekers of manhood. In this blog I have shared a lot; the awsomeness of Kung Fu's Po (The Dragon Warrior), my own health problems, advice from my father, woodbox wisdom, dumb dumb daddyos and among other things, what it was like growing up the son of a Champion.

If this blog has become anything it has become a collection of fatherly advice.

It has been weeks since listening to Second Hand Lions and lines from that movie keep coming back to me. One it has taken me this long to start to get. The heroic Uncle is talking to his Nephew with no intention of verifying any of the wild stories told about him (from the voice it has to be the, "Smells like victory..." guy from Apocalypse Now).

"The things you need to believe in most are the things that may be untrue."
Heroic Uncle, Second Hand Lions

For me, God, Jesus, Love, my memories, my destiny...

No comments:

Post a Comment