Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Bishop Nightmare

Recently a ghost from my past resurfaced when dr bishop made the FBI Top Ten Most Wanted for the horrific murder of his family over 40 years ago. I was a classmate of one of his sons. I had just moved to Maryland from Cleveland. I I was nine or ten. Forth grade at Carderock Springs Elementry School. That same year my 16 year older sister died of leukemia. For most of my life this year of my life has been virtually a black hole of memories and energy. A few weeks ago another old classmate JJ posted a story on FB about the old memories that are regularly tweaked whenever the bad doctor was back in the news. Many of us shared and commented and comforted each other for the first time in a very long time. It was the first time I admitted to myself that it was an emotionally devastating year for me and I have spent nearly an entire life pretending not to remember it. And that this was a good thing.

I have always been annoyingingly emotional. I embarrass my kids because I am so easily moved to tears. Recently my eldest and I went to The Xmen's latest. She made fun of me a few days later saying you cried at Xmen Dad! I didn't remember crying but I probably did. Great movie! Set back in the Seventies kinda took me back in a cool way.

I have always thought there was something wrong with me. Well I guess there are a lot of things wrong with me, but now at least I own it. I understand it. And day by day I remember it. And that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment