Sunday, June 24, 2018

Did you know dad was in the FBI?

Yes, I did. He would of gone back, but they didn’t want him going to law school. So he worked at the Pentagon and was given rank of colonel in the Air Force. I asked mom how that worked and she said Colonel Byrd set him up as an attaché to the CIA, but that he never really said much about it. From what I can tell he was a spy working the iron curtain up until he got his job with the Lumberman’s Association. My only evidence tho are his passports you gave me from the late 50’s and early 60’s loaded with stamps from Eastern European countries. 

I think there’s a ton of stuff we’ll never know about him because that’s the way he wanted it. Especially his service in the Pacific Theater at the end and after the war. Did you know he was a Sergeant in the Marines days away from leading a company on a beach landing of mainland Japan when we dropped the bombs. When I said I thought you were just a clerk and typest. He said was and his eyes watered up.

He was pretty far gone when I started asking the hard questions. 

I asked him a lot about his dad and I think he had more PTSD from him than from his service or football. 

Thanks. I have found a lot of random papers form different branches of the military. I’m sure there is more to the story

Can you believe this letter is addressed to Hoover? 

It was a little surreal 


No comments:

Post a Comment