Monday, March 25, 2019

My dad’s .22


My brother just sent me a picture of my dad holding a rabbit that he’d killed with his .22. I remember this picture. A line in my very first DDD post was something like one year he killed a rabbit. He said his mom would make rabbit stew.
There is so much here I don’t know where to start. First, the rifle. I have it in my gun safe. Has his initials JK carved into it. Still shoots. My big brother gave it to me a few years back for Christmas. I’ve always wondered how old it is. This photo is dated 1944 so it’s at least 75 years old! Pretty cool. Also this date means he becomes a Marine before the end of the year. Lastly, he is so young, wearing a jersey, and that calic and the jet black hair. 
I’ve been dwelling in’s the past a lot lately, so I will be sure to make my next post a little more current events.
 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment