Sunday, January 14, 2024

Bitty Buddy

 Bitty Buddy, you are my shadow. I promise to stop thinking of you as a pathetic loser. I know after Karen died and you were sad and sick with asthma and couldn’t read and started banging your huge head on everything and needed to get stitched up at the ER all the time and kept catching yourself on fire and couldn’t sit still in school or church or anywhere you found that anger and rage became the only way to deal with a world that could be so cruel. Your constant need for attention and ability to push yourself beyond maximum fatigue paid off in a lot of ways physically and made you quite an athlete. You overcame so much with effort and determination. You learned how to cope with bad health, pain, grief and failure. In spite of everything you learned how to make people like you. Even the bullies you bullied became your friends. You learned how to forgive and you learned how to love. I want you to know I like you. I love you. I am proud of you. You are the best part of me. Thank you for never giving up on us. I want you here, now, always. 

Sincerely,

William Anderson Keith 

No comments:

Post a Comment