Friday, August 5, 2011

Gina and my Dad! Best Man Maid of Honor Dance. 1999!




My Dad had bad heart disease and had already had had two strokes, two new hips and about to loose his foot and leg to diabetes and here he is at 8,400 feet above sea level in the Grand Ballroom of the Hotel Jerome in Aspen being my Best Man! When he gave the best man toast my big brother J stood behind him in case he lost his balance during his performance. He set the one page toast on the music stand in front of him, but never look at it once. He had it down cold. Word for word. After the toast we hugged and he gave the sheet that I have scanned and posted. How could he possibly put so much content and meaning in such a few amount of words? His advice to me was to drink of the sweet nector of life and he had spent my whole life showing me how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment