Monday, September 12, 2011

The Keiths on Top of Aspen Mountain!

Eighteen years ago, shortly after I moved to Aspen I got this, "I love you" memo from my Dad. It was the first nice thing I ever heard him say about his Dad. This poem is incredible. But the letter blows me away. My Dad never had any trouble saying I love you. In fact, I think he said it to us every night. That must be why it is so easy for me to say, "Night night I LOVE YOU!" to my girls or maybe I just love them so much!

"Sent by your DDD who loves and respects you as much it is possible for a man to love a son."
Quite a memo. I am glad he also sent one to J.

"Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans."
"Be yourself."
"everywhere life is full of heroism."
"be at peace with God."
"keep peace with your soul."
"it is still a beautiful world."
"Be careful."
"Strive to be happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment