Wednesday, May 2, 2012


The little yellow sticky said my first big job. Pretty much from here he was always the boss. The guy in charge of huge association conventions, building buildings, writing magazines, giving speeches, speaking for industry, lobbying, traveling around the world, meeting presidents and raising a family. This guy I know. Except for the 215 on 6' 3" "well proportioned" part. My dad was always overweight. I remember him always on the wrong side of 250. It would ketch up to him, trunkle obesity, a big sign of metabolic syndrome would take a big toll on his heart. I digress. This is my dad seven years before I was born. He looks nothing like the loving, jovial, practical joking, self effacing, infuriating Dumb Dumb Daddy-o I grew up with.

I wish I had a chance to play cetch with this guy. I have a faint memory him playing in a men's softball league back in Cleveland when I was little. When I got bigger his sport became keeping from getting hurt by his 500 pounds of sons rolling around in horse play and golf.

I'd really like to play this guy in racket ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment