Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day in Rifle!

My dad would have really enjoyed the kind of father's day I just got to have. Camping at Rifle Gap hiking Rifle Falls.
There was a lot going on. When setting up camp a wicked lightning storm blows in with huge claps of thunder. I retreated to the car with the girls, Suzy toughed it out in the tent with the dogs.

These guys are always a handful. In the dark Mary and I walked them around the camp and as we passed one sight a small dog came running out yapping at us, it went after Emma a little so she pulled out of her lease, but Tyler, while still on my leash destroyed this dog, berried him in a drainage ditch, sounded and looked like he was going to kill it. I jump in after him and had to pick up all 90 lbs of him off the little dog and back up on the path with the other dogs lady screaming and beating at him and me. She carried her dog back down to their fire histerical. It was totally uncool. Mary and I get back to our sight and 5 minutes latter Suzy and Kayla and Chloe get mack from their bat expedition. Yes, they went bat caving at night and saw a bunch of them. Yes, Suzy went into a bat cave at night. Miss we have to move if she sees a mouse in the house.

The next day when we got back from Rife Falls the winds had blown our tent down. Broke a section of one of the main polls. We decided to break camp early because of the intense weather, but Chloe really wanted to fish so I figured we'd fish from the Rifle Gap Damn on our way out. We'd be home an hour latter and I would get to cook the steaks and baked potatoes on the grill! The damn was treacherous, the climb down on these huge loose rocks made it extreme fishing, Chloe had on flip-flops, Mary screamed at me the whole time. I only got two lines in the water so the girls had to share. Kayla and Suzy quit first Chloe had the only legitimate nibble and it kept her on the rocks for a good half hour in a blazing sun set.


I think my kids will remember a lot about this weekend and non of it bad. OK maybe a little. But they can blame those parts on their dumbdumbdaddy-yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment