Thursday, July 26, 2012

wood box wisdom


This clip reminds me of something my best friend’s wealthy father once said to me at a lunch on Aspen Mountain he said, “Andy you have to decide are you a person who likes to be told what to do or are you a person who likes to tell other people what to do?”

This conversation has stuck with me since 1994 and now I think with the help of a little wood box wisdom I can answer you Lee. I am both those people. I enjoy good coaching and receiving help from a mentor or friend and I also like sharing my expertise and influencing others.

I can do what I am told. And I can do all the things I want to do too. I can tell people anything and I can tell them what to do. I think what’s been most important to me are what things I’m telling myself to do. Telling myself what to do and doing it. Showing courage through action and wisdom by acting on the right things, this is how I strive to be brave and wise.

Tell yourself to do some really hard things and see what happens, you may be surprised. We can do hard things, really hard things, impossible things it’s in our nature to achieve the things we conceive. Name three things you'd like to do but think it’s just too hard. Go back to school, write a book, and be a great husband and father are mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment