Friday, November 16, 2012

1964


I was using my brother's guest room and saw a scrap book of my dad's association career and in the back was a large envelope of all the letters of congratulations for being appointed Chairman of the Board at ASAE (American Society of Association Executives. Also in the envelope was this 1964 Passport! I had never seen this picture. Two years before I was born this is what my father looked like. My dad at 37 ten years younger than I am now. My wife is 37. She said he looks a lot older than she does. I think he looks a lot older than I do. I guess it is hard to see youself as old as you really are.

The first thought that went through my mind when I saw this was that in the Sixties my dad was a member of Men in Black. For what I know of him during that time it may be true. A couple of times he had mentioned he had worked for the CIA but gave it up for Law School. Between 1964 and 1967 he traveled extensicely in Europe, Berlin, France, London, Nederland, Drewitz. Who knows that man could keep a secret.


No comments:

Post a Comment