Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SFO

"We're going to fly you to SFO for the next round of interviews. How does that sound to you?" Sounds great, where's SFO? Sometimes I am not a smart man. I told my wife I made to the next round and their flying me out to SOF next week! She said for people in the know it's SFO, but you call it San Francisco! "Cool!"

I think my genius lies in not worrying so much about being an idiot. I always felt bad for Forest Gump when he would be so concerned about not being a smart man. He never saw it. His brilliance in following his heart and just doing what he knew was right. My dad was so much like Forest Gump it's crazy, except for the whole low IQ thing. He was from Alabama. Played football on scholarship at a major university. They even had the same jersey number, good old #44. They both learned a lot about life and being a man serving in the military during a war. They both met Elvis and bunch of U.S. presidents. They both traveled the world, both being pioneering American citizens making historic trips to China. They both married the only woman they ever loved. And without a doubt lived uniquely huge lives.

So here I sit in the airport waiting to fly to SFO for yet another interview feeling like Forest on a bus stop bench. Thinking about my dad and realizing he never said anything about no box of chocolates. He did once tell to stop worrying so much about life and that it would take care of itself. He once said, "Life ain't meant to be figured out it's meant to be lived!"

Time to board.

Wish me luck.

ps
Not being a smart man is not so bad. My dad taught me I could still become educated (it just may take a little longer) but I see that there is a lot of brilliance in you biddy buddy and soon you will see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment