Monday, April 10, 2017

Dancing with the Stars

Watched some Dancing with the Stars this fine Monday night with Suzy. The theme was your greatest year ever or some such nonsense. When I found myself having to hide my tears over Mr. T's story and dance I decided to retire earlier. I've found being as emotional and empathetic as I am it's best to pick my battles. While I lay in the tub thinking how absurd it was to have only one greatest year I couldn't help thinking of one of my greatest weeks full of tragedy and victory and love and sorrow and life and death. The week my dad died and my daughter was born and then Suzy's grandmother died and Hell of a week. Go life! 


While I'm thinking this Suzy comes in asking if I was mediating. I said sort of. She said a football player on DWTS just made her think of me and she wished I'd seen it. Said he was in college on a football scholarship when he found out his dad had a stroke, had diabetes and was in need of amputation so he left his scholarship behind and moved home to help care for his father. And still he somehow made it to the NFL. I thought more like and because of this he made it to the NFL. He learned early in life to follow his heart. It reminded me of something DDD would always say when the chips were down, "GO LIFE!" I always thought he was being sarcastic. Now I think he meant it. A lot. This picture must of been around when he was my age now. The hat cracks me up and my mom sporting a PBR, well, we are who we are. This next picture really makes me think Go Life!


The Keith's 1966/67 so much tragedy right there before us along with so much comedy. So much life! He would not have traded it for the world. At his funeral his little brother from his fraternity said a great thing, said, "Jeff had only one thing on his agenda...life. And he wasted no time living it." A whole lot of it. Go life!

No comments:

Post a Comment