Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The First Keith Family Portrait Without Karen

This was the first family portrait without Karen. If you can get past the liesure suits or my dad's 3 piece suit it's a pretty good shot. I remember a lot about getting it. I think J didn't want to go, but he hated all such family affairs. My mom looks great barring the pirate shirt.  My dad looks like he recently lost his daughter and a natural smile was just not possible. Carol looks beautiful just like I remember her. J well hard not to notice the giant collars that covers the shoulders. I wish I still had my corduroy liesure suit with leather should patch. I'll wear anything from 1976 and rock it. Back then it wasn't so much what you wore as how you wore it. I must say it was quite brave of my parents to pull us together and take this portrait. Guess that's what you do. You keep living. You carry on.

 

Owning the Plaid jacket and bow tie. I would bet big J still has a plaid jacket and bow tie and white Bucks too. He has always been so dapper. 


This one is pretty casual. I'm wondering who took it. Maybe Aunt Lynda maybe a friend. Judging by the amount and existence of hair this would have to be one of first family photos with Brent. What a blessing when he came into our lives. I must have been 15. Right around then he taught me how to drive stick shift in his brand new car. He was so patient and wouldn't let me quit. You don't forget a thing like that. This blog has focused a lot on the losses we've faced, but I must not take for granted all the additions that have come into this family. Brent was the first. But Suzy and the Mentone's (sounds like a band) and our girls and our dogs and I feel so blessed and loved I'm tearing up as I write this. Maybe a good place to stop.


My 51st birthday dinner last night at the club. There are always challenges and life ain't perfect, but I look at this picture and realize it's pretty darn close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment