Friday, November 23, 2018

Dear Dad

This blogger app continues to frustrate, it won’t allow me to switch to my other blog ipraytoGodmysoultokeep.blogspot.com so I can write a prayer. Silly of me I know as writing to You and praying to Him basically has morphed into the same thing. I know you taught me that prayer is private and something between God and myself and blogging my prayers is the antithesis of privacy, but when I go back and read them I feel the Spirit and know it is really the best thing I do. Like right now I am writing to You but feel that He is listening, and I know feeling is pretty darn wishywashy and all but it’s really one of my greatest strengths. Being so emotional has always been one of my greatest weaknesses and a source of great embarrassment and pain in my life, but I remember you telling me my passions and emotions were a gift. I told my daughters the very same thing several times and it amazes me when I hear your words coming out of my mouth. I have found that my greatest weakness turns out to be my one true superpower. I have decided to trust my feelings and have faith in myself to discern their meaning. I have finally accepted the fact I am actually pretty smart, but my real genius lies deeper and is only expressed when I share my true feelings and emotions. When I share something that truly moves me through writing a song or taking a picture or telling a story I find who I am truly meant to be. 

Please dear Heavenly Father bless my mom, Nancy with strength and wisdom to face her current challenges. Thank You for helping me find what she thought to be stolen. Please protect me and my family as we travel tomorrow and deliver us home safely. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment