Sunday, December 16, 2018

Dear Dad

I am feeling a little down tonight. Writing to you always seems to help me figure things out a bit. Kind of a little mental pick me up. Hope it works because not really sure what's wrong with me. Life is good. That's why I'm miffed about feeling so down. Guess I was riding pretty high after writing your book and now what I'm working on is falling apart. Seems like everything I do lately is C+ at best and I'm already starting to hear you in the back of my mind. "Good grades aren't everything Biddy-buddy. Trying to get good grades is what matters." God knows I tried. Guess I'm trying still. I saw a Lombardy quote the other day and totally thought of you, "Winning isn't everything. The desire to win is." I guess it's that desire to do something great that keeps me dissatisfied with my current performance. I really want to accomplish some extraordinary things in my life and right now I'm a good dad, ok husband, average in my job, a joke on the golf course, a slacker in the gym, in my creative pursuits frustrated, spiritually numb, intellectually dull. Listen to me. In self deprecation I am extraordinary! Maybe I can write myself out of this funk. Maybe. I am willing to try at least. I'm still trying to get good grades. Guess that's what matters. Thanks for being here Dad. Thanks for listening.
Love,
Biddy-buddy

No comments:

Post a Comment