Monday, December 31, 2018

University of Maryland 1952 Sugar Bowl Champion Football Jersy

This is my dad's old jersey. He played in and won the 1952 Sugar Bowl! They went undefeated.
This jersey is 67 years old. I remember wearing it when I was kid and thought I would never be big enough to wear it right. It has a tail that wraps under between your legs and buttons to the front to keep it tucked in and make it hard to grab onto. After this selfie I went out into the living room and my 13 year old daughter said she loved it. Said she would steal it someday and of course told her she wouldn't have to, but I'm not ready to give it up just yet. She asked how did grandpa ever put pads under it and I shared her old man is 40 pounds bigger than her grandfather was back then.
Putting it on felt really good. Can't remember the last time I wore it. Maybe 20 years ago I dry-cleaned it with his letter jacket and letter sweater and they have been in my closet under plastic ever since. I'll share those too soon, but for now I need to join my wife and daughter in a new years eve domino game to ring out 2018 with style!


No comments:

Post a Comment